HOURS: EVERYDAY EXCEPT TUESDAY, 7:30AM-3:00PM
REUSE ROOM HOURS: Closed Indefinitely
BOTTLE REDEMPTION ROOM HOURS: Open Intermittently. Call 253-4059 before you arrive to see if the Bottle Room is open to count your containers. If it happens to be closed, use retailers (Shaw’s, Hannaford, Price Chopper, Tomlinson’s).
New Bottle Redemption Room Process:
- The Bottle Room is now located around the corner of the building where the Reuse Room used to be.
- Only one party is permitted in the room at a time.
- There is a limit of (3) 45-gal bags or equivalent at a time. If you have more than that, you must make an appointment by calling James at 802.730.4952
ADDRESS: 91 Dump Rd, Stowe, VT 05672. Just off Mountain Road between the Baggy Knees Shopping Plaza and AJ’s Ski and Sports.
The items below are accepted at the Stowe Transfer Station:
- Cell Phones
- Clothing and Textiles – Reuse is closed but accepting CLEAN, REUSABLE CLOTHING ONLY.
- Construction and Demolition Materials
- CFLs and Fluorescent Tubes
- Food Scraps
- Furniture and Bulky Waste
- Leaf & Yard Debris (must be in kraft bags)
- Maple Tubing (by appointment call 802.730.4952)
- Mercury Products
- Mixed Recyclables (Aluminum, Cardboard, Paper, Plastic, Glass*)
- Film Plastics and Pellet Bags
- Propane Tanks
- Reuse – Reuse is Closed during COVID. See Clothing and Textiles above.
- Returnable Bottles and Cans – for donation only, payouts are not being done during COVID.
- Scrap Metal
- Call 888.7317 if you don’t see something on this list that you would like to dispose of properly.
*Glass is able to be recycled separately here. Look for the special bin in the lower recycling area.
ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS: Any clear/colored glass beverage & food container (remove caps if possible)
UNACCEPTABLE MATERIALS: Headlights, Thermometers, Incandescent or Fluorescent Light Bulbs, Plastics, Automotive/Windshield Glass, Pyrex, Drinking Glasses, Window Panes, Ceramics (ie. coffee mugs), Porcelain (ie, toilets, sinks, etc.), Plexiglass, Mirrors
In this rapidly changing climate, we find ourselves trying to adapt and balance the needs of the public and the health & safety of our employees. Our staff, while safe, is limited in number, requiring us to modify operations to align employee availability with the number of facilities that we operate, sometimes without the ability to provide advanced notice. We appreciate your understanding during these situations.
*Click here for facility-wide Acceptable Items List.
*Click here for LRSWMD Pricing Guide.