COVID-19 Operational Adjustments
As of May 19, the current operation schedule is as follows:
ALL LOCATIONS WILL BE CLOSED ON MONDAY, MAY 25 FOR MEMORIAL DAY.
Craftsbury Drop-Off: Open Saturday, May 23 & June 6, 8:00am – 2:30pm. Closed May 30 & June 13*.
Eden Drop-Off: Closed. Please use the Johnson Transfer Station at 941 Wilson Road as an alternative.
Johnson Transfer Station: Friday, Saturday AND Sunday, 8:30am – 3:30pm. All items accepted here.
Morrisville Drop-Off: Closed Saturday, May 23 & June 6. Open May 30 & June 13, 8:00am – 3:00pm.
Stowe Transfer Station: Open every day EXCEPT Tuesday, 7:30am – 3:00pm, Phone: 253-4059. Now only accepting RECYCLING, FOOD SCRAPS, TRASH, AND REDEMPTION FOR DONATION. NO BULKY OR REUSE ITEMS, OR SPECIAL MATERIALS. The Stowe Reuse Room is closed until further notice.
Glass can now be recycled separately from other recyclables at the Stowe Transfer Station only; consider sorting all colors of food grade bottles and jars at home before arriving to Stowe.
Stowe Bottle Redemption Room: Closed. Redemptions will not be paid-out but bottles and cans may be left for donations. Donations benefit the United Way and the Lamoille Community Food Share.
Worcester Transfer Station: Saturdays, 7:30am – 1:00pm. Phone: 229-2719. A change in traffic flow has been implemented to allow for social distancing while customers unload materials.
*Household Hazardous Waste Collection will be at the Craftsbury location on this date.
General Considerations when using our sites:
- We have been experiencing a high volume of customers with the break in the weather. Expect to wait when you visit. We must allow for social distancing for all people using the facility.
- Please do not use our facilities if you are not feeling well and wear a mask or other face covering if you have one.
- Organize your materials as you load them so that you can tell the attendant exactly what you have really quickly at the window.
- Bring smaller loads to make your visit as quick a possible.
- Maintain a minimum of six feet of space between and you and others while at our facilities.
- Site attendants will not be handling materials during the COVID-19 outbreak so be prepared to unload all of your items when you arrive.
- Be patient and look to our site attendant for direction. We're all in this together.
Other Solid Waste Service Providers in the area include:
All Metals Recycling, 472-5100, https://www.amrvt.com/
Casella Cambridge Transfer Station, https://www.casella.com/locations/cambridge-transfer-station
Casella Hyde Park Transfer Station, https://www.casella.com/locations/hyde-park-vt-transfer
Lamoille Trash Services, 888-2469
Wolcott Transfer Station, 888-2746, http://www.wolcottvt.org/departments/
We are constantly adapting and responding as necessary and communicating those changes as quickly as possible. Please check in often by calling the office, reading Front Porch Forum, following us on Facebook and Twitter, and continue to visit here for the latest updates.