Be part of our team! Start right away! The Lamoille Regional Solid Waste Management District is seeking creative, enthusiastic, and dependable applicants to fill our Outreach Coordinator position. This position will serve as a company representative in the local community and will create and implement educational programs targeting waste reduction, recycling and composting through a variety of community outreach activities and programs.
See below for job details and application information.
Outreach Coordinator Job Description
No phone calls please.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
This is a full-time, exempt position serving as a District representative in the local community while ensuring that the LRSWMD meets established waste diversion goals through educational programming and outreach initiatives. The Outreach Coordinator will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, social media, and public relations messages and accompanying collateral to consistently represent the mission of the LRSMWD. The successful candidate will create and implement educational programs targeting waste reduction, recycling and composting through a variety of community outreach activities and programs. Each day brings new opportunities ranging from designing and writing content for newsletters, to teaching kindergarteners about the importance of recycling, to working with a local business to implement on-site compost services.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Meet the requirements for 32000 District members as outlined in the state-approved Solid Waste Implementation Plan
- Raise the profile of the LRSWMD and its mission as a local sustainable materials management resource and service provider
- Increase engagement and education of District members, staff members, stakeholders and community partners through myriad of strategies including public presentations and participation at local events
- Ensure the LRSWMD’s communication and branding are consistent, professional, and effective
- Build and grow positive relationships with colleagues, members, regulatory agencies and local organizations
- Develop and maintain supportive working relationships and open lines of communication with all staff members to support the LRSWMD mission throughout the entire organization
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or proven industry experience equivalent
- Strong commitment to the mission of the organization
- Experience with website management, electronic and print newsletters, social media content (including short videos), and creative communications
- Ability to transform knowledge into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the right audiences using the best distribution methods
- Self-starter, highly collaborative yet able to perform duties independently
- Enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of various backgrounds and interests to evoke behavior change
- Reliable, with excellent attention to detail and organization
- Microsoft Suite experience
- Graphic Design (i.e. Adobe Suite, Canva, etc.)
- Website Development (currently using WordPress)
- Experience in environmental science, solid waste or education
- 100% medical coverage; supplemental dental and vision
- Paid sick and vacation time; 10 paid holidays plus 2 personal days
- Retirement plan with up to 2% match
- Dog-friendly workplace
Working Conditions: The position includes primarily office work. Occasional work in the field at transfer stations, businesses, schools, community events or other off-site locations. Weekend or evening work is occasionally required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to work at a desk and computer station for extended periods of time. Light lifting may be required on occasion.
Reports to: District Manager
Direct Reports: Possible supervision of intern(s) or volunteer(s)
Disclaimer: All information above is intended to describe the overall position and is not to be considered the complete statement of the duties and responsibilities that are necessary.