Unwanted explosives and fireworks are not accepted at any LRSWMD facility or hazardous waste collection event.

Ammunition, gunpowder, explosives and fireworks can be disposed of by contacting Ed Wilson (802) 888-3383, (802) 793-4465 or at

For more information on proper disposal, please contact the Vermont State Police at (802) 635-7036.

Road Flares

Take to a hazardous waste collection or to state/local police department.