Residents are welcome to bring a reasonable amount of confidentail documents for shredding to the Stowe Transfer Station any time during the year. Two locked containers are located on-site to protect the confidentiality of documents until they are securely shredded by Shred-Exon-site and taken to be recycled.
Businesses that would like to have confidential paper shredded before it gets recycled may use any of the following businesses. Call for fees and details:
- Casella Waste Management, Morrisville, 888-3627
- SecurShred, South Burlington, (802) 863-3003
- Vermont Shred, Swanton, (802) 309-3591
- Shred-Ex, Colchester, (802) 863-0404
- Also check with your bank or local AAA branch office
All shredded paper is accepted for recycling at all LRSWMD Drop Off Locations and should be bagged in clear, plastic bags. This is the only clear plastic that is permitted in the recycling bin.