Ammunition, such as bullets and shotgun shells, cannot be brought to a Household Hazardous Waste collection. If the ammunition is in useable condition, it should be discharged safely, brought to the local or State police, or taken to a gun shop. If the ammunition is old, wet, or corroded, your police department should be able to take it or advise you on how to dispose of it.