COVID-19 Operational Adjustments
As of May 26, the current operation schedule is as follows:
$5 prefilled 5-gallon buckets of finished compost can be purchased at all open drop-off locations. Refill your own 5-gallon bucket for $3 at the Johnson and Stowe Transfer Stations during regular open hours.
Craftsbury Drop-Off: Open June 6, 8:00am – 2:30pm. Closed May 30 & June 13*.
Eden Drop-Off: Closed. Please use the Johnson Transfer Station at 941 Wilson Road as an alternative.
Johnson Transfer Station: Friday, Saturday AND Sunday, 8:30am – 3:30pm. All items accepted here.
Morrisville Drop-Off: Closed Saturday, June 6. Open May 30 & June 13, 8:00am – 3:00pm.
Stowe Transfer Station: Open every day EXCEPT Tuesday, 7:30am – 3:00pm, Phone: 253-4059. Now only accepting RECYCLING, FOOD SCRAPS, TRASH, AND REDEMPTION FOR DONATION. NO BULKY OR REUSE ITEMS, OR SPECIAL MATERIALS. The Stowe Reuse Room is closed until further notice.
Glass can now be recycled separately from other recyclables at the Stowe Transfer Station only; consider sorting all colors of food grade bottles and jars at home before arriving to Stowe.
Stowe Bottle Redemption Room: Closed. Redemptions will not be paid-out but bottles and cans may be left for donations. Donations benefit the United Way and the Lamoille Community Food Share.
Worcester Transfer Station: Saturdays, 7:30am – 1:00pm. Phone: 229-2719. A change in traffic flow has been implemented to allow for social distancing while customers unload materials.
*Household Hazardous Waste Collection will be at the Craftsbury location on this date.
COVID HHW RULES FOR JUNE 13 COLLECTION
1: MUST stay in car. No exceptions.
2: NOTHING in garbage bags. No exceptions.
3: Preferred no pets in vehicle.
4: All HHW material needs to be in the bed of a truck, in the trunk of a car or all the way back in a hatchback. Nothing will be collected from the front of the vehicle.
5: Masks worn by participants preferred. Some courtesy would be nice.
6: Nothing will be returned. Gas cans etc. will not be returned.
7: One car at a time.
8: No 30 or 55-gallon drums will be accepted.
General Considerations when using our sites:
- We have been experiencing a high volume of customers with the break in the weather. Expect to wait when you visit. We must allow for social distancing for all people using the facility.
- Please do not use our facilities if you are not feeling well and wear a mask or other face covering if you have one.
- Organize your materials as you load them so that you can tell the attendant exactly what you have really quickly at the window.
- Bring smaller loads to make your visit as quick a possible.
- Maintain a minimum of six feet of space between and you and others while at our facilities.
- Site attendants will not be handling materials during the COVID-19 outbreak so be prepared to unload all of your items when you arrive.
- Be patient and look to our site attendant for direction. We're all in this together.